In the NPC version of this build I added whatever traits to the character I felt would be interesting to support the adventure. In the PC version, I asked myself if it would be possible to get this character design down to my character point limit for players in the campaign.
I have not tried this before. In other words, in my final post on Zak the robot I’m asking: would it be possible to make Zak a playable character under 150 points? Is a robot player possible in my campaign?
I did manage it but only by totally blowing the disadvantage limit. So I think the answer is “No.” Here’s the PC design below.
You could also use him as an Ally. His lack of combat ability make him an odd choice for that role though.
I think, after doing all these designs as a kind of thought experiment, I will use the higher-point-total character design from my last post as an NPC hireling or character in an adventure (see the adventure seed in the same post where Zak is first described).
So for me, this 125-point character is a discarded idea, but maybe you’ll get some mileage out of it (note that the description of this character–with a picture–appeared earlier:
Zak (repair robot — as PC) (125 points)
Age 8; Robot; 8′; 197; A large combined cylindrical head and torso that looks like a trashcan, with two oversized, bulky arms ending in human-like hands, and tiny feet that don’t look like they can support his weight.
ST 10 ; DX 7 [-60]; IQ 9 [-20]; HT 10 .
Damage 1d-2/1d; BL 20 lbs.; HP 10 ; Will 11 ; Per 11 ; FP 10 .
Basic Speed 3 [-25]; Basic Move 3 ; Block 4 (DX); Dodge 6; Parry 6 (DX).
TL: 11^ .
Languages: Imperial (Native) ; Machine language (Native) .
- 3D Spatial Sense ;
- Absolute Timing ;
- Arm ST (Total Arm ST 17) 2 (Gigantism modifier; Has Brass Knuckles; Two arms) ;
- Burning Attack (Cutting Torch) 1 (Emergencies Only; Melee Attack: Reach 1; Partial Dice (per die) (+3/die)) ;
- Digital Mind ;
- Doesn’t Breathe (when on battery — 18 hours) (Rule: Holds breath 300x normal endurance) ;
- Doesn’t Sleep ;
- Fatigue Attack (Fire Extinguisher) 1 (Emergencies Only; Jet; Partial Dice (per die) (-3/die); Sense-Based (One sense)) ;
- High Pain Threshold ;
- Improved G-Tolerance (1G) ;
- Infravision ;
- Injury Tolerance (No Blood; No Neck; Unliving) ;
- Lightning Calculator ;
- Mathematical Ability 4 ;
- Modular Abilities (Computer Brain) (Physical and Mental; Software Pack 1 (+8)) ;
- Modular Abilities (Computer Brain) (Physical and Mental; Software Pack 3 (+8)) ;
- Modular Abilities (Computer Brain) (Physical and Mental; Software Pack 2 (+8)) ;
- Para-Radar ;
- Payload (9 lbs.) 1 ;
- Photographic Memory ;
- Pressure Support 3 ;
- Resistant (Metabolic Hazards) (Very Common) (Immunity) ;
- Sealed ;
- Telecommunication (Radio) ;
- Ultrahearing ;
- Vacuum Support .
- No Degeneration in Zero-G .
- Clueless [-10];
- Disturbing Voice [-10];
- Duty (Owner) (15 or less (almost always)) (Involuntary) [-20];
- Electrical [-20];
- Fragile (Flammable) [-10];
- Low Empathy [-20];
- Maintenance (1 hour) (1 person) (Weekly) [-5];
- No Sense of Humor [-10];
- No Sense of Smell/Taste [-5];
- Numb [-20];
- Pacifism (Total Nonviolence) [-30];
- Restricted Diet (Hydrogen) (Common) [-20];
- Self-Destruct [-10];
- Sense of Duty (Humanity) (Entire Race) [-15];
- Short Lifespan -1 [-10];
- Slave Mentality [-40];
- Social Stigma (Subjugated) [-20];
- Truthfulness (6 or less) [-10];
- Unhealing (Total) [-30];
- Unusual Size and Shape (-3 Disguise, -3 Shadowing) [-5];
- Wealth (Dead Broke) [-25].
- Cannot Float [-1];
- Careful [-1];
- Dull [-1];
- Sexless [-1];
- Tiny Legs (kick attack has range C) [-1];
- Computer Operation/TL10-11 (IQ+2) ;
- Electronics Repair/TL10 (Computers)-8 (IQ-1) ;
- Innate Attack (Arm Smash)-7 (DX+0) ;
- Innate Attack (Cutting Torch)-5 (DX-2) ;
- Innate Attack (Fire Extinguisher (affliction: Blindness))-5 (DX-2) ;
- Mathematics/TL10 (Applied)-11 (IQ+2) ;
- Mechanic/TL10 (Robotics)-8 (IQ-1) .
- Maintain Self (Electronics Repair (Computers))-12 ;
- Maintain Self (Mechanic (Robotics))-12 .
|Arm ST (total ST 17)|
|swing||1d+2 sw||0 (No)|
|thrust||1d-1 thr||0 (No)|
|punch||1d-1 cr||C, 1||7 (6)|
|Burning Attack (cutting torch)||1d+3 bur||1||7 (6)|
|Kick||1d-2 cr||C, 1||5 (No)|
I’ve omitted Shots, Bulk, and ST to make the table fit. They were blank anyway.
|Fatigue Attack (Fire Extinguisher)||1d-3 fat||0||5/10||Jet||7||1|
Finally, here is a downloadable character sheet in case it helps you:
If the Disadvantages are part of a Racial package, they don’t normally count against a disadvantage limit, so you might be in the clear here…
LikeLiked by 1 person
That’s great! I totally forgot about that.